Monday, December 17, 2012

Let's Play: Side Quest #01

What's this?! An interruption of the LP!? No, no, nothing that drastic. See, I have a lot of games in my backlog, and I just thought I might pick out one of those to play, like once every few episodes of the regular LP, probably an action game or something that doesn't require a lot of thought to get into. As a Side Quest, so to speak!

So, the first task will be to figure out how to choose.... I think I'll start by choosing a platform. Which means I'm going to be choosing between:
  1. Atari 2600
  2. NES
  3. Game Boy
  4. SNES
  5. Genesis
  6. TurboGrafx-16
  7. Game Boy Color
  8. Nintendo 64
  9. PlayStation
  10. Game Boy Advance
  11. GameCube
  12. PlayStation 2
  13. Nintendo DS
  14. Wii
  15. Nintendo 3DS
  16. PC
  17. iOS
  18. Arcade*
...Wow, I didn't realize I had that many different platforms available, although a couple of these only have 3 entries. Anyway! Rolling...16. A PC game. This will be interesting...okay. According to my profile on GameFAQs, I have 36 PC games to choose from. I happen to know that's not quite accurate, since there are a couple of indie games that aren't listed...how many...looks like 6 after a cursory count. Let's go with that; if I roll higher than 36 out of 42, that'll be one of the unlisted games. So now I'll just go ahead, roll a number, and go down the list alphabetically! And if it's an RPG or something I'll start over.

36.

...

36!

Okay, so who wants to watch me play Where's the Blanket Charlie Brown? This is a game that my wife already owned when we consolidated our belongings, and I never did find out why. But I'll see if I can get it installed and running (we all know how new OSs hate old programs), and after Dragon Quest IV #05 we'll take a look at it! I'm thinking I might try to do actual video for this; we'll see.

*Plug 'n' Play TV games, not actual arcade machines, silly!

No comments:

Post a Comment