Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Torneko: The Last Hope #05

All right, let's try this again! Attempt number 4! Did I mention they hoisted me back home in a stretcher last time?

Brought a sword in with me, and by the end of 1F I have a shield as well. But ugh, by the time I reach 7F I've been caught and surrounded and poisoned so many times, I just used that Outside scroll to escape with my life.

Trying again.... Made it to 4F without a hitch. Made use of a Bang scroll I brought to take out a couple Mummies while I was cornered. Yay! Down to 8F now, and I have a couple Warp Herbs for emergencies. And here I am using one, cornered between a Wyvern and a Crabus! Nice, straight to the exit! It's gone really well through 10F, let's see how I handle Berserkers again....

And I can hardly believe my luck! I started 11F right next to the exit. Just a little exploring for a little EXP and money, then down the stairs! 12F isn't being so nice, but thankfully I still have Warp Herb to get out of a jam. Met a couple of Berserkers, thankfully still L1! And here's the exit! That should be the end.

Another pentagram! And Torneko jumps into the middle of it like a moron again. And we get a Tree's Lament. Yay! And here comes the Old Man! He asks if I could possibly be.... Well, of course I am, dingbat! You never thought to ask the last half-dozen times you saw me?! And again with the tubby joke. He says he's been investigating the kingdom for some time, and he never expected the Magic Dungeons to get this far. He's glad to hear the King is looking for him, and comes with me to the Castle voluntarily!

The Old Man is surprised to learn that they think him responsible, and explains that in the past the kingdom was home to fools who wielded magic selfishly. They gathered demonic power without realizing its nature, and it destroyed them. Afterwards, all that remained was the channel through which that power had been gathered. This power causes the land to cycle through extinction and rebirth. It is responsible for reshaping the land into dungeons! But we don't believe all that nonsense, take him away. Sigh.... But what's this?! The Prince and Princess have returned from the west! The Old Man is none other than Gashira, Great Sage of the Western City! Unhand him, ye scoundrels!

It seems the root cause of everything is the Darkevil Chest, the twin of the Joy Chest. Do we know why the Joy Chest was in a Magic Dungeon? Well, no...so Gashira tells us! It was created by the dungeon itself! Amazing! So was the Darkevil Chest. The Magic Dungeon creates them "regularly"...you know, with regularity and all that. So we must destroy the Darkevil Chest which has been created! But even then, the dungeon may simply create another. What to do?!

Don't panic, that's why I'm here! says Gashira. He'll create a Banish Chest to seal everything up. But he needs three things! (Sounds like Dragon Quest I here, don't it?) I already have two: The Fiery Murmur and the Tree's Lament, of course! The third is the Stone's Mutter. Let's get to it!

Hmm, there is a villager cackling like a Gremlin saying he'll find the Joy Chest. Also, Ernest thinks the monsters want the Joy Chest because he wants it too. Can't argue with that logic! Remi's Magic Shop can now increase staff usage points, so that's good. And there's another monster-like villager outside.

Well, that's it for now. Toro Ruins next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment