Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Customer Service

This is a thing that happened. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.


0_ortega: Hi, my name is 0_ortega. How may I help you?
x_loto: I changed our programming earlier today to the Smart Pack. My mother-in-law's favorite channel is EWTN, 261, and the channel listing online says it is supposed to be included but we can't watch it.
0_ortega: I’m sorry to hear that you are having an issue. I’d be happy to resolve that for you. For security purposes, would you please verify the 4 digit Security Code on the account?
x_loto: ****
0_ortega: Thank you.
0_ortega: I will be glad to check it for you.
0_ortega: Please hold on.
x_loto: thank you
0_ortega: You're welcome.
0_ortega: Upon checking, the EWTN or channel 261 is not available on your current package.
0_ortega: It is available on the following packages:

COMMERCIAL - PREMIER /mth
COMMERCIAL - COMPLETE $70.00/mth
COMMERCIAL - COMPLETE PLUS SPORTS $90.00/mth
PUBLIC INTEREST CHANNELS $0.00/mth
0_ortega: That is for Commercial Account only/
x_loto: Then why is it listed in the Smart Pack, and why did we previously have it with America's Top 120?
0_ortega: EWTN is America's largest religious cable network. EWTN provides 24 hours of family-oriented, spiritual growth programming featuring top-notch talk shows, weekly series and exciting documentaries.
0_ortega: Smart Pack is $29.99 per month. You get over 40 channels of low-priced, family-friendly programming including, Bloomberg, Animal Planet, Nickelodeon, Do It Yourself and The Hallmark Channel.
0_ortega: America's Top 120 is $49.99 per month. You get over 100 of your favorite channels, including CNN, ESPN, Disney Channel and Discovery Channel.
x_loto: Thank you, but that isn't what I asked.
0_ortega: No problem.
x_loto: How is the weather today?
0_ortega: The weather is cgood.
x_loto: I'm just trying to make sure there's a person I'm talking to, because it seems I'm getting programmed responses.
0_ortega: You can check this link to view all the channels for Smart Pack.

http://www.mydish.com/upgrades/english-packages/?WT.svl=gsearch_results
0_ortega: I see. I am real person.
x_loto: I already have that page up. EWTN is in the list it gives for the Smart Pack.
0_ortega: Could you go into the guide please and tell me which list your guide is on currently? We'd like to check the 'My Channels' list to see if the channel appears there. If not on 'My Channels' already, you can press the guide button until you are on the 'My Channels' list.
x_loto: It doesn't appear on My Channels.
0_ortega: Please get the remote and press menu, select preferences, and then select guide format. Will you please tell me what your channel preference is set to?
x_loto: HD & SD
0_ortega: Thank you.
0_ortega: I’m going to send an authorization signal to your receiver so that it recognizes all the channels you are paying for, this generally takes 1 to 2 minutes.  While we are waiting I will check your current subscription and makes sure this channel is part of the package you subscribe to.
0_ortega: Please let me know the progress in 2 minutes. Thank you.
0_ortega: Since I have you on session, we would like you to be aware of our offer for HBO. You may get this package for half the price for 6 months. Normally its $18 per month but with this offer you can now get it for only $9. How does that sound?
0_ortega: HBO offers something for everyone! HBO delivers 8 unique standard-definition and 8 high-definition channels—each offering exclusive and powerful hit movies, award winning original movies and series, World Championship Boxing and special events.
x_loto: No thanks. I changed to the Smart Plan to cut our spending.
0_ortega: Alright. I understand.
x_loto: Ah, there it is. Thank you very much!
0_ortega: Great!
0_ortega: You're most welcome.
0_ortega: Is there anything else I may assist you with?
x_loto: I'm sorry I didn't believe you were real. ;-)
x_loto: No, that's all I needed. Thanks again!
0_ortega: It's not a problem.
0_ortega: You're welcome.
0_ortega: I am so glad we were able to take care of your questions and concerns today. Thank you for using DISH Chat! Have a wonderful night! Take care! Bye!
0_ortega has disconnected.
That was fun~! Let's do it again sometime!

No comments:

Post a Comment