Thursday, July 26, 2012

Sigh...

Somehow my cats dragged the laptop off of its cart yesterday and cracked the casing around the monitor portion. It still works, however, so that's good.

At the same time, I've had a strange error occur twice this past week. Suddenly, both times while I was trying to watch review footage for the Dragon Quest blog, the computer just...stopped. Still running, but the screen just shut off and it refused to respond to anything. I don't know if maybe it's overheating or something, but it felt hot to me when I was trying to figure out the problem. I have a window fan set on high one inch away now, just in case.

I'm really starting to question whether I should continue this blog. I know that someone, somewhere, is interested in this sort of thing, although I knew that I wouldn't have a large audience to start--or, more likely, ever. That doesn't bother me. The time involved isn't really an issue either; it really doesn't take that much longer to write the blog after playing the way I was going to play anyway. And I hate that I so very often do not finish what I start. If I pull the plug now, that leaves Dragon Quest about half done, and I just started a side project with FFXI. Maybe I'm just starting to get burned out on video games; I hope not, I still have a backlog of maybe 30 that I was excited about at the time, and I'd still like to see them.

So I guess I'm just kind of bummed about the computer possibly starting to die, questioning whether it's worth it to try to save the files and notes and whatnot involved in writing this. Either way, I'd better get to backing up files...just in case.


UPDATE: Well, I don't think it's the cats that did it, but there's definitely something wrong with the laptop. It died on me again while I was playing FFXI just now. At least it's an MMO this time and I didn't lost my little progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment